In many countries, one woman in two and one in four suffer from varicose veins. These appear when the fibers of the connective tissue of the venous walls are weakened and distended: the valves of the veins do not close properly again. The origin of these swollen and purplish veins is often a hereditary weakness of the connective tissue. But overweight and lack of exercise are risk factors. Here are 5 tips to fight varicose veins and relieve the pain that accompanies them.
Level 1 – The Diet
The first thing to do is to give warmth to digestion, but do not overdo it, so avoiding spices and spicy foods too. Eating excessively heating foods, in fact, it may weigh down the legs and dramatize the problems. Heat primarily means improving digestion. Consumes more cooked than raw, use the most delicate spices (turmeric, cumin, anise, coriander, cardamom …), but not those spicy.
Drink hot water, chew well, do not eat too late, do not eat dessert after a meal, and do not mix different proteins. Eat the right order meals, consume whenever you can a vegetable soup. Do not use too much salt and consume more fruits, vegetables and proteins. Eliminates sugar, all flours, even the whole, the bread and leavened foods, alcohol and dairy products. Reduce carbohydrates.
Level 2 – Superfoods and vitamins
Dried Goji berries and acai, which contain antioxidants, and maca that balances the hormones. It ‘very useful. Drink more cups per day of a drink prepared with ginger, cinnamon and coriander. Also consume foods that contain vitamin C and D, Selenium, Zinc and Magnesium.
Level 3 – The Remedies
- Cranberry – increases blood circulation and helps to strengthen the walls of capillaries.
- Horse Chestnut – strengthens the vein walls and valves, stimulates circulation and relieves swelling.
- Butcher’s Broom – reduces inflammation in the veins.
- Grape Seed Extract – contains compounds that stimulate the circulation and improve the integrity of the vein wall.
- Vitamin E – thins the blood, promoting blood flow and relieving inflammation in the veins.
- Ginkgo biloba – often used for circulatory problems.
- Vitamin C – improves the health of vein walls.
- Bromelain – relieves inflammation in the veins, and can help prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Complex of bioflavonoids – some flavonoids, for example Hesperidin and Rutin, they are useful in the treatment of varicose veins. Improve the integrity of support structures of the veins and entire vascular system.
Level 4 – Creams and topical applications
Among the remedies include topical creams and ointments made from calendula to be applied locally on varicose veins present on the legs to reduce their bloated appearance. As massage oils the most suitable are those of Yarrow and Cypress.
Level 5 – Laser varicose veins treatment
The laser surgery for varicose veins is yet another brilliant and painless form of treatment to get rid of Varicose Veins. Varicose veins laser treatment can be performed within a few hours and is easier to perform.