Varicose veins occur when your veins become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. The veins appear swollen and raised with a bluish-purple or red color. They are associated with aching and tenderness. Mostly varicose veins appear on the lower legs.
5 Facts about varicose veins that everyone should know
- Symptoms: Varicose veins can cause aching and discomfort. Sometimes varicose veins lead to more-serious problems. They are also a cosmetic concern. Color changes, hardening of the vein, inflammation of the skin or skin ulcers near your ankle, which can mean you have a serious form of vascular disease that requires medical attention.
- Cause: Varicose veins are caused due to less blood circulation that damages the functioning and causes pain, or cramping, heavy feeling in the legs during standing or moving, restless leg syndrome at night etc. Sclerosis may also occur. Skin Ulcers reflect the extreme stage of venous disease. They are caused when venous disease is neglected for a long duration. Phlebitis may also occur leading to hardness and discoloration.
- Treatment: The treatment of varicose veins is different based on the different symptoms of the veins. The treatment of varicose veins include surgical and interventional treatments by use of laser, radiofrequency or other innovative technologies. Sclerotherapy is another technique that uses needle to cure varicose veins. The innovative tools and techniques used in the treatment of varicose veins are very helpful to control the severity of the symptoms and get a complete cure.
- Surgery: When the symptoms of varicose veins are worsened, then surgery is required which may include phlebectomy or vein stripping. Larger varicose veins can be cured with endovenous catheter ablation which is less painful and recovers fast. Laser treatment can be used in combination with other treatments for complete cure of varicose veins.
- Personalized Approach: The varicose veins require a personalized approach. It is important to choose a vein care specialist to get right line of treatment along with care which is required for a complete recovery. It is important to get varicose vein treatment under a specialist to avoid any complication as he will provide you with all the care, support and information you require. He will take care of your preferences and needs and give you the best treatment possible to avoid any risks and complications.
Varicose vein should be treated only by specialist because they are a typical vascular conditions which require special attention and in the hand of a specialist you will be safe. By choosing a specialized vein clinic like Vein center, you will be able to get the most innovative treatment of varicose veins and these modern procedures used by the team of vein specialists will help you to get rid of varicose veins in a simple and easy way.