One of the major factors in the development & nourishment of varicose veins is the sedentary lifestyle. This is because inactivity slows down circulation. It also allows blood to accumulate in the lower limbs. When you introduce more activity in the lifestyle, it is a great way to reduce this. This is rather something we as individuals must think about irrespective of age. Following are some of the best forms of exercises that help in the treatment of varicose veins: (more…)
Varicose veins might not be discovered for a significant period of time as the condition is relatively pain-free and does not have many visible symptoms. But, if you can feel pain and swelling in the veins, then it becomes necessary to look for treatment of the condition. There is option to opt for home remedies or surgery for varicose veins as per your preference.
Reasons of Varicose Veins
With about 30 percent of adult population affected, Varicose Veins are caused due to a variety of reasons like:
- Dysfunctional vein valves
- Vascular Defects
- Poor Blood Circulation
- Prolonged Standing
- Lifestyle changes
Treatment for Varicose Veins
Treatments for varicose veins vary. There’s Varicose veins surgery, Laser Treatment, or Sclerotherapy. Then there are certain home remedies that are equally effective.
But one of the most efficient treatment for varicose veins is incorporating certain exercises in your routine. Here we will discuss about the benefits of exercise in varicose veins and various do’s and dont’s regarding them.
Do’s and Don’ts for Varicose Veins Exercise
Below are the few things to know about the exercises and precautions to be taken during Varicose Veins:
- Talk to your doctor to ensure that you can safely exercise.
- See to it, if the body hurts or make the veins worse.
- Warm Up the body before beginning the exercises
- Take a walk everyday. This ensures fresh air in the body, as well as get the leg muscles to push the blood through the veins, thus decreasing the pressure on the Varicose Veins.
- Try to go on a bicycle ride everyday or work out on a stationary bicycle in the gym. Cycling uses the leg muscles and thus push the blood out of the legs.
- Practice swimming. Kicking during swimming help the body to push itself as well as the blood out from the legs.
- Using of calves is very effective in case of Varicose Veins, because calves play an important role in keeping blood circulation in the legs. Practicing ‘Standing Calf Raises’ i.e. using the chair for support, in a standing position, raise the body up on the toes, and slowly lower the body back down. This should be repeated for 10-15 times, followed by a rest with another 10-15 times soon after.
- Working on the thighs also help. This involves, standing from sitting position on the chair. To be repeated for 10-15 times, followed by a break, and another 10-15 times repetitions soon after.
- Before concluding with the daily workout, it is advisable, to slow down for a few minutes and stretch the legs gently.
- Be sure to take slow, even breaths during any exercise that involves straining. It is because holding the breath, puts pressure on the abdomen, preventing leg veins from draining.
- It is advisable not to lift heavy weights, which can increase the pressure on the veins. Better still is to consult a doctor on how much weight, if lifted be safe.
- Go for a healthy diet, for exercises are just a part of the overall program.
- It is important to talk to the doctor regarding exercises to be performed, after undergoing treatment or surgery for Varicose Veins.
By observing these precautions and regularly engaging in exercise, you can easily manage the Varicose veins.
The veins around the affected area occurs in clusters, these veins are called varicose veins or spider veins, and these are usually found near the outer layer of one’s skin. The size of the varicose veins varies from being quite small to be very large.
The exact reason of how they are caused is still unknown, even by the doctors as well. But one knows that the valves which circulate blood through the spider veins don’t work properly, which causes blood to clot in some areas of the veins.
One can use sclerotherapy as it helps in varicose veins treatment. It isn’t possible to completely cure them but it can be treated by sclerotherapy. (more…)
The varicose vein is a painful condition for people. It makes them feel vulnerable. It is a condition when veins become visible in the lower part of legs and thighs. Veins become dark green, purple and red in color. This situation creates too much pain sometimes. The varicose veins treatment cost in India is high. It is necessary for the patient who is suffering from varicose veins to follow all the guideline which is suggested him from his or her doctor. Also, take all the medicines on time, which is prescribed by the doctor. There are some other things which you should avoid when you have varicose veins. (more…)
Varicose veins occur when your veins become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. The veins appear swollen and raised with a bluish-purple or red color. They are associated with aching and tenderness. Mostly varicose veins appear on the lower legs. (more…)
If there is one thing that immediately strikes your mind on the thought of varicose veins is how unsightly these under-skin blemishes appear. While it is true that varicose veins do impact your aesthetics, treatment of this condition is more than just about your appearance. When left untreated, varicose veins can lead to several serious medical conditions. Many times, people tend to ignore varicose veins simply because varicose veins treatment cost may seem unnecessary for lack of evident symptoms. (more…)